Skip to main navigation.

New Service/Transfer Service

Central Electric serves the rural areas of Aurora, Brule, Buffalo, Davison, Hanson, Jerauld, Miner and Sanborn counties in South Dakota.

In order to acquire electric service as a new member, you are required to either 1) provide your social security number for a credit check, or 2) pay a deposit on the account. The deposit equals 2x the monthly average at the service location. A new service requires a deposit of $100 or a favorable check of credit. If a social security number is submitted and the credit check returns poor credit, a deposit is still required. A customer service representative will be in contact with you to see which option you have chosen.

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Target Image
Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo
Coop Connections Card - Show It and Save Better Business Bureau Accredited Rural Electric Economic Development (REED Fund)